who is the creative business network?
The Creative Business Network (CBN) is run by myself; Helen Bottrill, an artist and designer turned Digital Marketing specialist.
How about an introduction so you know a little bit more about me?
What I've done...
- created an active networking community 'Creative Women Together' and ran events and get togethers, attracting guest speakers such as Sarah James (Contemporary Craft Festival), Lauren Aston, Kirsty Elson, Grace & Favour Home, Marna Lunt and more, who delivered talks and workshops on how to build your creative business
- organised a series of Artisan Markets in my local Devon community over a number of years, drawing visitors from all over the South West
- was employed by Cosmic as Social Media & Content Specialist and in my role there delivered mentoring, training and workshops to businesses large and small throughout the South West as well as managing a number of social media accounts for businesses
- wrote a mentoring programme for 30 women called Love Digital whilst at Cosmic, running video & face to face workshops on SEO, social media, web development, digital marketing, and all aspects of running an online business
What I'm doing...
- still working freelance as a social media advisor and trainer for Cosmic as well as a number of other businesses
- managing social media accounts and helping build loyal, engaged followings for local businesses
- building an online community full of independent artists, makers and designers and am passionate about helping them grow their creative business online and beyond
- writing and delivering online workshops to start ups and small creative businesses who want to grow their brand and online presence
- running digital marketing workshops at Exeter Phoenix
- mentoring a number of creative and independent businesses and running retreat days for small groups
- running creative coffee networking events at The Glorious Art House, Exeter
- organising and hosting two creative conferences in Exeter and Manchester in September 2019 with speakers such as Veronica Dearly, Sas Petherick and Leona Thrift Ola
What is the creative business network?
When we start out on our creative business journey, we are full of excitement and passion, but sometimes at a loss with many things. We may need guidance with issues such as photography & styling, pricing, where to promote & sell, and most of all, building up the confidence to get out there.
Because I have worked with many creative businesses over the years, as well as being one myself, I know what questions you have - and where you get stuck. I also understand that you need support and guidance when things go right as well as wrong. I am here to make sure you are not on your own, and to give you the help you need with your business.
The Creative Business Network is a place where you can ask questions, find answers, receive mentoring & advice, and have access to a community of other like-minded creative businesses.
I look forward to welcoming you to the network!
Helen & The CBN x