who is the creative business network?
The Creative Business Network (CBN) is run by myself; Helen Bottrill, an artist and designer turned Digital Marketing specialist.
How about an introduction so you know a little bit more about me?
What I've done...
- created an active networking community 'Creative Women Together' and ran events and get togethers, attracting guest speakers such as Sarah James (Contemporary Craft Festival), Lauren Aston, Kirsty Elson, Grace & Favour Home, Marna Lunt and more, who delivered talks and workshops on how to build your creative business
- organised a series of Artisan Markets in my local Devon community over a number of years, drawing visitors from all over the South West
- was employed by Cosmic as Social Media & Content Specialist and in my role there delivered mentoring, training and workshops to businesses large and small throughout the South West as well as managing a number of social media accounts for businesses
- wrote a mentoring programme for 30 women called Love Digital whilst at Cosmic, running video & face to face workshops on SEO, social media, web development, digital marketing, and all aspects of running an online business
What I'm doing...
- still working freelance as a social media advisor and trainer for Cosmic as well as a number of other businesses
- managing social media accounts and helping build loyal, engaged followings for local businesses
- building an online community full of independent artists, makers and designers and am passionate about helping them grow their creative business online and beyond
- writing and delivering online workshops to start ups and small creative businesses who want to grow their brand and online presence
- running digital marketing workshops at Exeter Phoenix, mentoring a number of clients, running events at The Glorious, Exeter, organising an Artisan market at Escot House, in plans to create a Creative Business Day in the Autumn and delivering a successful series of online workshops
What is the creative business network?
When we start out on our creative business journey, we are full of excitement and passion, but sometimes at a loss with many things. We may need guidance with issues such as photography & styling, pricing, where to promote & sell, and most of all, building up the confidence to get out there.
Because I have worked with many creative businesses over the years, as well as being one myself, I know what questions you have - and where you get stuck. I also understand that you need support and guidance when things go right as well as wrong. I am here to make sure you are not on your own, and to give you the help you need with your business.
The Creative Business Network is a place where you can ask questions, find answers, receive mentoring & advice, and have access to a community of other like-minded creative businesses.
I look forward to welcoming you to the network!
Helen & The CBN x